See-Conic stands for Short Course of Environmental Conservation and Indonesian Culture. The aim of this program is to invite the international university students to learn more about environmental conservation and Indonesian culture at Semarang State University. The program has been initiated since 2012 and has been successfully held annually. The program will be held for two weeks. During the program the participants will learn about conservation which covers Bahasa Indonesia class, Traditional Dance class, Culture of the Archipelago, Biodiversity Conservation, Batik Workshops, Gamelan (Tradational Javanese Music Instruments), Sports, Art Performance, etc. In the following years, we also welcome a group of students from partner universities to join this program as part of the partnership program.
Get to know SSU
On the next day upon their arrival, See-Conicers will be taken to a campus tour visiting eight faculties in Semarang State Universities. They will be introduced to the SSU’s learning environment. In supporting the conservation program, the university provides bicycles for See-Conicers to be used as their daily transportation.
Training on Environmental Conservation and Cultural Conservation
See-Conicers will get a live experience on how to preserve the natural conservation as well as cultural conservation. Local students will introduce them to Indonesian culture and involve them in some activities on conservation.
Visiting Tourism Spots
See-Conicers will get opportunities to visit some historical and tourism areas in Central Java such as Borobudur Temple, Lawang Sewu, and outbond activities in Umbul Sido Mukti. The purpose of the activity is to introduce them to Indonesian history and natural landscape as well as to encourage them to promote Indonesian tourism places abroad.
Art & Cultural Performance
Professional lecturers and trainers will train See-Conicers to be able to perform Javanese traditional music instrument, dance, or theater that reflect Indonesian local tradition. This activity aims to enrich the humanity values of the participants.
Semarang State University (SSU)/ Unnes is a conservation university which cares about the preservation of natural resources and culture.
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Green Architecture and Local Transportation
- Waste Management
- Clean Energy
- Art and Cultural Conservation
- Paperless Policy
Students Testimonies See-Conic 2012-2013
This program is good to share many experiences from students who came from many countries. We learned about Indonesian culture; batik, karawitan, and of course, nature conservation. I was very impressed with this program (Supansa prasongsuk; Thailand-2013)
I really enjoyed the weeks. Everything was well organized; We had interesting activities, matur nuwun. (Daiva Pazusyte; Lithuania-2012)
How to Apply
- All documents must be completed and scan in PDF format.
- All documents should be send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org cc to email@example.com
- Application deadline: April 30
- The announcement of selected candidates will be posted on the website io.unnes.ac.id and further information related to the program will be sent to the selected candidates’ email.
- Program schedule: tentative
- A copy of valid student card
- A copy of valid passport
- A copy of TOEFL/IELTS certificate, minimum 500 for TOEFL and 6 for IELTS
- Letter of recommendation from the University of the candidates
- Completed application form (you can request the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- A passport size photograph
- Health certificate
- Contribution Fee: $550.00
- Hosting fee : Free (provided by SSU)
Terms and Condition
- The contribution fee will cover all the living cost and tuition fee during the program.
- SSU does not provide round trip fees.
See-Conicers are required to join all of the programs.
Check out our latest video of SEE-CONIC 2015 on YouTube
Shall there be any inquiries please do not hesitate to contact our staff members:
Phone: (+62 24) 76920751
Fax: (+62 24) 8508004