Chemical Engineering Program
Name of Program:Chemical Engineering Program (Undergraduate Programme)
Accreditation :B-accredited by BAN PT 2014
Degree :Sarjana Teknik (Bachelor of Engineering)
Producing graduates who are able to solve problems in chemical engineering by utilizing mathematics, basic natural science, and other relevant sciences; able to compete globally; conservation-oriented; and has entrepreneurship insight based on technology.
- Organize educational process based on real problems in chemical industry and its solution with relevant science.
- Implement a learning system that emphasizes reasoning and flexible applications.
- Provide conductive learning system to the develop students personalities, characters, and conservation insights.
- Provide students with opportunities to practice enterpreneurial based on technology
To produces graduates who have:
- ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and otehr related sciences, physics, and / or biology.
- ability to design and conduct engineering experiments, also to riview and interpret data,
- ability to design a system, components, processes, and products to meet certain needs with attention to realistic constraints
- ability to well participate in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural groups,
- ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- understanding of responsibilities and professional ethics.
- the ability to communicate effectively,
- widespread knowledge to understand the global, economic, enviromental, and sociocultural impacts of engineering solutions,
- awareness of importance of lifelong learning and the ability to run it,
- knowledge of contemporary issues,
- ability to utilize the latest techniques, skills, and engineering tools which necessary to perform its professional duties,
- awarness the importance of conservation values in the pracmatice of chemical engineering professionals,
- provision of theory and entrepreneurship practice based on technology.
- able to masterthe theoretical concepts of natural science, application of engineering mathematics, engineering principles, engineering science, and engineering design requred for the analysis and design of processes, processing systems, and equipment necessary to convert raw materials into valuae-added proucts by the participation of energy and component change;
- able to master the principles and techniques of process design, processing systems, and tools necessary to convert raw materials into value-added products;
- able to master the latest principles and issues in economics, social, and ecology in general;
- able to master the knowledge of communication techniques and latest technological developments
- apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of development or implementation of science and / or technology in chemical engineering;
- to examine the implications of the development or implementation of science, technology or art based on rules, procedures and scientific ethics to produce solutions, ideas, designs, or art criticism as well as preparing scientific descriptions of the results of his studies in the form of thesis or final project;
- make decisions appropriately in the context of problem solving in chemical engineering, based on the analysis of information and data;
- manage to learn independently;
- develop and maintain networks with counselors, colleagues, both within and outside of their institutions
- capable of applying mathematics, science, and engineering principles to solve complex engineering problems in processes, processing systems and equipment necessary to convert natural materials into value-added products (through physical, chemical, and / or biological processes);
- able to find the source of engineering problems in processes, processing systems, and equipment necessary to convert raw materials into value-added products through identification, analysis, interpretation of data and information based on the principles of sustainable and conservation-oriented engineering;
- capable of conducting research that includes identification, formulation, and analysis of engineering problems on processes, processing systems, and equipment necessary to convert natural materials into value-added products;
- able to formulate alternative solutions to solve complex engineering problems on processes, processing systems, and equipment necessary to transform natural resources into value-added products with consideration of economic, health and public safety, cultural, social, and environmental;
- able to design the processes, processing systems and equipments necessary to transform natural resources into value-added products with analytical approaches and consider technical standards, performance aspects, ease of application, sustainability, and attention to economic, health and safety, social and environmental
- capable of selecting resources and utilizing equipments design and engineering analysis based on appropriate information and computing technologies to perform engineering activities in the areas of processes, processing systems, and equipment necessary to transform natural resources into value-added products
LIST OF ADMINISTRATORS
Chemical Engineering students already has been respected nation wise. The students were very active and win alot of competition across Indonesia, several of latest the competition are :
- 2ndRunner Up Chemical Engineering Competition Universitas Negeri Semarang
- 2ndRunner Up Sayembara Karya Tulis Ilmiah, Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Finalist Indonesia Chem-E-Car Competition (ICECC) Institut Teknologi Sepuluh November
- The winner of Essay Competition UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta
- 1stRunner Up Indonesia Paper Competition Universitas Negeri Semarang
This programme also support international competition and international conference participation for students. Several of students achievement at international event are :
- Finalist of 12thChem-E-Car Competition 2017 at Universiti Malaysia Pahang
International Conference ICETVESS 2017 at UPSI Malaysia
D. Student Body
Only one year this programme has started but several of students already joint international programs :
- Industrial visit to Syarikat Air Johor SDN.BHD., MICET UniKL Malaysia and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Industrial training from LCSB POM Lepar dan Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- Chemical Engineering Car Competition that held by Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- Credit transfer to Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- International Conference ICETVESS at UPSI Malaysia
- Short Course ICIE at Mahidol University, Thailand.
The concern to held education that develop students personalities, characters, and conservation insights is represent by the support from department towards studentâ€™s activities such as Chemical Engineering Students Organization, Chemical Engineering Research Club (Chemical Engineering Car and other research activities) , Bussines Club, and other activities that concern at sport and art such as futsal, table tennis, and photography.
NOTABLE RESEARCHES OR PUBLICATIONS
Studium Generale with Prof. Awang Bono UMS Malaysia
Studium Generale with Prof. Ming-Jer Lee form NTUST Taiwan
World Class Professor : Prof. Abdul Latif Ahmad from USM Malaysia
UMP : Credit Transfer, Field Work & Industrial Visit, Guest Lecture
UTM & UniKL Malaysia: Industrial Visit
UiTM : Short Course In-bound International Community Engagement 2017 at Renewable Energy
Kasetsart University Thailand : Short Course In-bound International Community Engagement 2017 at Renewable Energy
HUST dan CCNU China
KSU Saudi Arabia : Collaboration with Â Arabian Journal of Chemistry
University Nottingham, Malaysia Campus: Collaborative Research
E-1 Building 2ndÂ floor , Sekaran Campus, Gunungpati, Semarang, 50229
(024) 8508101 ext 110